British Rail is an institution within the empire, but the discount Network Railcard was introduced only in 1986 after the creation of Network SouthEast by British Rail. Designed to encourage travel for pleasure, Railcard offers discounts for individuals and families on a wide range of off-peak fares.
Although the initial voucher was a 34% discount on off-peak fares and the range of discounts offered by the card and the price of the card have varied throughout the history of Railcard, the card has always been valid for a year’s unlimited use and can be purchased by anyone over the age of 16 from a National Rail station, Rail Appointed Travel Agent or by completing the online form.
Administered by the Association of Train Operating Companies on behalf of train operators across the country, today the Railcard has become immensely popular with the public, and sales of the Railcard total more than £7 million per year.
Although the Railcard makes travel on hundreds of lines across cities from North to South easy and cheap, exclusions on the Gatwick Express and the Heathrow Connect service don’t limit the Railcard’s popularity or efficacy.
Facts about Railcard
- Introduced on 29 September 1986
- Introduced under the name Network Card
Redeeming a Railcard Gift card/certificate
The very point of purchasing a Railcard is the savings on offer, so why not improve the situation further by shopping with a Railcard promotional code today.
To redeem your Railcard Promotional code when ordering your products, follow these easy steps:
- Begin by navigating to Railcard online and looking through the discount rail pass options available until you’ve found what you’re looking for.
- While you’re exploring, click “Find Out More” to read up on details of any of the Railcards available online, and when you’ve finally decided how you’ll save with that Railcard promotional code click “Buy This Railcard.”
- Discover if you’re eligible and what you need to realize your Railcard savings then shop and save with your Railcard discount code by clicking “Let’s Go.”
- Enter your email address and password before clicking “Continue” to take full advantage of your Railcard voucher.
- Confirm the type of Railcard you’re looking for and then get ready to redeem those Railcard promotional code savings before proceeding with your order.
- In the box marked “If you have a Promotional Code enter the code,” enter your Railcard discount code and click “Add” to save while you shop before clicking “Next.”
- Enter your personal and delivery details and then choose how you’d like your order delivered before clicking “Next.”
- Upload your photo (or photos, depending on the Railcard) and then click “Next.”
- If you haven’t entered your Railcard promotional code yet, click “Add Promotional Code” and enter your Railcard discount code before clicking “Confirm” to make your payment.
- Enter your billing address and then choose how you’d like to pay for your order before sending off for that new Railcard.
A Railcard promotional code can help you save on any and all of the great Railcard options:
- Family & Friends Railcard
- Disabled Persons Railcard
How to shop at Railcard
Shop and save with your Railcard promotional code, then ride the rails in style:
- Start shopping online at Railcard and browse through the discount cards available before you find the one for you.
- When you’ve found something that interests with you, click “Find Out More” to get details and choose how you’ll save with your Railcard promotional code.
- After you’ve settled on the Railcard for you, click “Buy Now” and make sure that you’re eligible for this particular discount code before you redeem your Railcard discount code by selecting “Let’s Go.”
- Input your email address and password before choosing “Continue” to apply your Railcard discount code to your current order.
- Make sure the Railcard you’ve selected is the right one and then choose to redeem your Railcard promotional code savings before you keep going with the checkout process.
- Choose to enter your Railcard discount code in the box marked “If you have a Promotional Code enter the code,” and then click “Add” before selecting “Next” to finish up.
- Add your personal and delivery details and then make sure to select how you’d like your order delivered before choosing “Next” to secure your Railcard promotional code savings with your order.
- Make sure your photographs meet the dimensions required and upload them before clicking “Next.”
- If you’ve made it this far without entering your Railcard promotional code, do so now by clicking “Add Promotional Code” and providing your Railcard discount code before paying and sending off for your new pass.
- Make sure your billing address appears correctly, and then pay for your order to save today.
Payment options at Railcard
Railcard accepts the following payment methods with every Railcard promotional code:
Shipping at Railcard
Shipping and handling charges for Railcard are:
- Royal Mail First class is available free of charge with every order.
- Royal Mail Special Delivery is available for a price of £6.50.
Riding the rails can be a complicated endeavour, so why not simplify the matter with Railcard? Contact the Railcard customer support team to get answers to all of your burning questions or simply enquire about a Railcard discount code and save on the savings to come:
While you might get stuck next to a smelly stranger on the train into town, online you choose your own friends, so why not stay in touch with Railcard through social media and take pleasure in the company you keep. Plus, you never know when you’ll find a special Railcard discount code to make the networking all worthwhile.
Railcard social networks can be found on the following links:
- Stay in touch with Railcard on Pinterest
Don’t forget to check them often, as you can never be sure when a free Railcard Promotional code might be waiting for you!